As of 10 a.m., May 19, 2020
- Wyoming: Confirmed cases of COVID-19: 577. Deaths: 10. Recovered: 504. Probable, untested cases: 189.
- By county: Fremont County leads the state with 203 confirmed cases, followed by Laramie with 119, Teton with 69, Natrona with 49 and Campbell and Sweetwater with 16. Two counties, Platte and Weston, have reported no cases.
- Testing: 17,249 tests have been administered and processed, according to the Wyoming Department of Health.
- United States: 1,509,202 confirmed cases, according to the Johns Hopkins Institute. Total deaths: 90,373 — Total recoveries: 283,178.
- The latest: The deaths of two Wyoming residents that occurred in March and April have been added to Wyoming’s count of COVID-19-related deaths, bringing the total to 10. Both deaths occurred in Colorado and were only recently reported to the Wyoming Department of Health’s Vital Statistics Services Office, according to the DOH. They included an older woman from Carbon County who had health conditions that put her at a higher risk of serious illness from the disease and an older man from Laramie County. Gov. Mark Gordon on Monday issued a statement on those and that of an older Fremont County woman who passed away over the weekend, saying they “are reminders of the serious, ongoing impact of COVID-19 … I want to urge all Wyoming residents to continue taking the necessary steps to minimize the spread of this virus.”
- More news: As restaurants, bars and other businesses began to open this weekend in Cheyenne, public health officials said people need to do a better job of social distancing, the Wyoming Tribune Eagle reports. Anticipating a roughly $3 million deficit in the city of Casper’s 2021 budget, officials there are considering a program to furlough staff, the Casper Star-Tribune reports. U.S. Forest Service officials are preparing to open developed recreation sites across Wyoming. Sixteen campgrounds in the Shoshone National Forest will open May 22, according to the USFS, while the three campgrounds will open in the Bighorn National Forest.